Join Louisville Ballet for a sensory friendly performance of The Brown-Forman Nutcracker. Audiences will delight in excerpts from both Act 1 & 2, including Marie's journey from the holiday party to the Land of Sweets. Experience this magical holiday tradition in a specially designed atmosphere that is comfortable, inclusive and safe for individuals who have sensory sensitivities.
In collaboration with several community partners, Louisville Ballet has made appropriate accommodations to the performance and theater going experience to make individuals with special needs feel welcome.
What makes a performance Sensory Friendly?
- Seating is general admission and not sold to capacity; therefore, audience members can select their own seats with room to move.
- Patrons are allowed to move freely through the aisles during the performance.
- Individuals are free to vocalize during the performance.
- House lights remain on at low level during performance
- Some loud sounds or startling moments are omitted from the performance; others are signaled to the audience in advance.
- Entering and exiting the theatre is allowed throughout the performance.
- A quiet room at the back of the theatre provides continued viewing away from the audience.
- Additional quiet space is provided completely away from the theatre.
Although these performances are adapted specifically to accommodate individuals with sensory sensitivities, the general public is welcome to attend.
Resources and more information can be found here.